Health & Safety
At Cabo Villas Beach Resort & Spa, the health and safety of our guests and our employees is of the utmost importance to us. As part of our commitment to you during COVID-19, we have implemented the following standards and practices to ensure that your stay here with us is as safe as it is enjoyable.
Cabo San Lucas, MX, September 2021
The Cabo Villas Family cares about the health and wellbeing of our guests and all our personnel, which is why we have not lowered our guard and continue with our standards of cleanliness and social distancing.
As you may now know, the CDC has issued an order taking effect on January 26th, 2021, requiring all air passengers arriving in the US from a foreign country to get tested no more than 3 days before their flight departs and to provide proof of the negative result or documentation of having recovered from Covid-19 to the airline before boarding the flight.
We have now implemented an accessible testing process in partnership with AMC Hospital in a medical center on-site, with immediate delivery of the required vaccination certificate.
In the special event, a guest is tested positive, AMC hospital will provide FREE medical consulting to all our guests. Any medication or treatment needed will be at their own cost, however, will be receiving a 50% discount from the regular price.
Special rates for our brand-new Corazon Tower will also be offered for anyone needed to extend their stay for the reason mentioned above.
For further information, please contact us at:
We are very blessed here, to say the least, and we look forward to serving you!
Cabo Villas Beach Resort & Spa
USA Toll Free: +1 (866) 962 2268
- A comprehensive, general sanitization will be performed prior to reopening, as well as on a periodic basis, according to the recommendations of health authorities.
- Cleaning and disinfection protocols that use certified sanitization products and which focus on high-touch areas have been implemented.
- Implementation of a permanent sanitization team, to sanitize general areas.
- Bellboys will welcome guests wearing mask and gloves.
- To maintain minimal contact, bellboys will not automatically offer their hand when assisting guests to get out of the airport vans. They will suggest that guests use caution or ask if they are ok with receiving assistance.
- Suitcase sanitization (external) with sanitizing product or special device.
- Infrared digital thermometers for temperature check. Guests with temperatures over 38°C/100.4°F checked by doctor and may not be allowed access.
- A document with COVID-19 hygiene and social distancing recommendations will be provided to all guests (given to guest on arrival or as a tent card in room).
- Masks available on request.
- Social distance markers at 1.50 meters/4ft for check-in at front desk, concierge, spa desk and hostess areas. Guests will wait in an open area and will be called by a concierge or traffic manager to avoid saturation in lobby areas (procedure established).
- Maximum capacity for each lobby established.
- Continuous cleaning and sanitization of all surfaces at front desk and concierge. Cleaning of pens, terminals, and room keys in presence of the guest.
- General sanitization and nebulization of rooms.
- Daily room cleaning and housekeeping with certified sanitization products (or water and chlorine solution) and a strong focus on high-touch areas, including kitchenettes, furniture, remote controls, phones, electric outlet, light switches, and door handles.
- Sheet and towel washing at high temperatures (min. 60°C/140°F).
- All housekeeping staff to use masks and gloves.
- Guests may opt out of housekeeping if they prefer to minimize number of people who enter the room.
- Hand sanitizer and sanitizing spray as part of in-room amenities; masks and gloves available on request.
- Paper amenities, pens, and magazines will be removed from rooms (available on request).
- Housekeeping carts cleaned and sanitized daily.
- Simple towel folding (no decorative figures) to avoid longer contact than necessary.
- Special procedure for receiving and delivering whites.
- Sheet and towel washing at high temperatures (min. 60°C/140°F).
- All laundry staff to wear a mask and gloves.
- The hotel sheets and towels will be delivered in previously sanitized crates.
- Maximum of two persons in elevators, excepting family members.
- Information panels set in strategic locations, indicating preventive measures for health and hygiene (e.g. reminders to avoid touching the faces, wash hands thoroughly, use antibacterial gel, etc.).
- Information cards listing all measures being taken.
- Informational video shown on the rooms detailing the hygiene and sanitization measures implemented throughout the hotel, as well as suggested measures the guests should take for their own care.
- Health and safety guidelines for guests will posted in all areas, in English and Spanish.
- Furniture will be rearranged in restaurants and bars (1.50 meters/four feet) and maximum capacities will be established, per social distancing guidelines.
- Social distancing reminders on all tables.
- Use of masks and gloves by cooks serving at restaurants and bars.
- Use of masks by wait staff.
- Menus will be available on mobile devices and physical menus on request.
- To reduce contact, when signing on checks, antibacterial gel will be on hand and pen and check holder will be cleaned in the presence of the client.
- Continuous kitchen sanitization.
- Minimal handling of napkins and tablecloths.
- Constant sanitization of tables with certified cleaning products.
- Items on tables (such as flowers, salt, and pepper shakers, etc.) will be removed to reduce high-touch surface areas.
- Permanently increase the temperatures used in dishwashing machines.
- Preserved food to be physically protected in containers.
- Proper distancing between wait staff and guests.
- Continuous sanitization of floors, walls, and all solid surfaces. Staff trained on hygienic protocol, including the chemicals used and the frequency with which they must be used.
- Health, social distancing, and safety rules to be observed will be posted in all “Back of House” areas for all kitchen staff and waiters.
- Training to reinforce proper hand-washing procedures (minimum 20 seconds, using bactericidal soap and hot water) and practices for sneezing or coughing (into elbow, followed by hand washing).
- Increased standards regarding staff presentation as it relates to hygiene.
- Loungers in pool areas will be set in groups of two or four, which will then be separated by distances of 1.50 meters (approx. four feet).
- Maximum capacity set for Spa Ritual areas.
- Use of masks for Spa receptionists.
- Use of masks by therapists and other Spa staff.
- Daily sanitization of cabins.
- Booth sanitization after use.
- Daily deep sanitization of wet areas, as well as sanitization after each use.
- General sanitization of hard areas and surfaces, with certified sanitization products or with water and chlorine solution.
- Daily cleaning and sanitizing of loungers with authorized disinfectant products or with water and chlorine solution; also done after each guest use.
- All public areas and high touch points sanitized constantly (lobbies, desks, podiums, elevators, door handles to enter rooms, room keys, public benches, and chairs, etc.).
- Hand sanitizing stations have been placed in strategic locations throughout the resorts such as the front desk, restaurant entrances, swimming pools, outside elevators, lobbies, spas, and public bathrooms).
- Minimum handling of pool towels.
- Sanitization of door handles in public areas.
Increased frequency of the cleaning and sanitizing of air conditioning vents, fan and coils in rooms and public areas.
Follow-up on all control and hygiene measures (refrigerator temperatures, cameras, dishwasher temperatures, hot water temperature in rooms, chillers, swimming pools, etc.).
Chlorination of pools and backwashing of filters.
Placement of sanitizing tablets in all air conditioning vents in rooms, lobby areas, spas, restaurants, mini market, etc. (all closed areas that have air conditioning).
- Implementation of a permanent sanitization team to sanitize the general areas.
- Disinfection procedure installed at personnel entrance.
- Security team will take the temperature of all personnel.
- Security will verify the use of face masks, and in some cases gloves, by staff in certain areas.
- Security will verify that suppliers comply with all regulations when delivering their products. All supplier staff must wear gloves and a mask to access the resorts.
- All suppliers must use masks and gloves.
- All external providers (of merchandise or services, including photographers) must also use a mask and gloves and have antibacterial gel available for use. Merchandise providers must sanitize the boxes in which they offer their products.
- Verification of certified providers and suppliers, and verification of the hygiene conditions in their plants and warehouses (including cleaning practices, refrigeration temperatures, warehouse temperature controls, etc.).
- Permanent campaign for handwashing, disinfection, and social distancing.
- HR staff will identify all processes involving direct interaction with the client (e.g. greeting guests, car lobby, valet parking, front-desk, concierge, room service, etc.) and modify to comply with social distancing guidelines. Manuals will be updated accordingly.
- Training of entire staff with regards to the pre-opening and post-opening prevention and hygiene plans. Implementation of updated processes and guidelines.
- Sanitization procedure for collaborators at staff entrance.
- Temperature taking twice per shift (once upon arrival; additional random check during the day).
- All personnel will wear masks (and in certain areas, gloves).
- General training of all sanitization and hygiene measures.
- Antibacterial gel placement in all staff bathrooms, dining rooms and general areas.
- Health, social distancing, and safety rules to be observed will be posted in all “Back of House” areas for personnel.
- All measures, procedures, and protocols to be audited by Human Resources and the Audit Committee.
- Placement of regulatory signage in all areas.
- Preparation of a manual informing staff on how to proceed if a coworker or guest exhibits symptoms of COVID-19.
- Sanitization protocol will be implemented for shared equipment such as radios, phones, computers, terminals, kitchen equipment, microwaves, etc. All equipment to be sanitized upon arrival and shift change.
- Recommendations to staff to apply these same hygiene measures in their homes.
IF A COVID-19 CASE IS DETECTED:
If a case is detected or suspected within the hotel, the guest will be sent to their room to receive care from the on-call doctor. The guest will be isolated in the room until they can be checked by the health authorities. The room will not be returned to inventory until it is thoroughly sanitized with certified products.